Making the website open to as many visitors as possible is a key aim of the JAINpedia project. The website thus follows guidance on technical accessibility and accessibility in terms of editorial approach.
The technical team has made sure that:
- databases are scalable, flexible, robust and secure
- the website conforms to benchmark accessibility standards WAI WCAG 2.0, with the aim of AA compliance
- digitised images meet Library of Congress standards
- metadata for the images meets METS (LoC) records standards
- descriptive metadata follows Dublin Core protocols
- intellectual copyright for the images and contextual content is protected
- the site is compatible with a broad variety of common browsers
- user and end-user needs are taken into account in the design, development and maintenance of JAINpedia.